The LinkSwitch-II dramatically simplifies low power CV/CC charger designs by eliminating an optocoupler and secondary control circuitry. The device introduces a revolutionary control technique to provide very tight output voltage and current regulation, compensating for transformer and internal parameter tolerances along with input voltage variations.
The device incorporates a 700 V power MOSFET, a novel On/Off control state machine, a high voltage switched current source for self biasing, frequency jittering, cycle-by-cycle current limit and hysteretic thermal shutdown circuitry onto a monolithic IC.
Dramatically Simplifies CV/CC Converters
- Eliminates Optocoupler and all secondary CV/CC control circuitry
- Eliminates all control loop compensation circuitry
- Dramatically simplifies CV converters
- Enables Clampless™ designs when an external bias circuit is used
Advanced Performance Features
- Compensates for transformer inductance tolerances
- Compensates for input line voltage variations
- Compensates for cable voltage drop (LNK61X series & LNK632)
- Compensates for external component temperature variations
- Very tight IC parameter tolerances using proprietary trimming technology
- Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter cost
- Even tighter output tolerances achievable with external resistor selection/trimming
Advanced Protection/Safety Features
- Auto-restart protection reduces power delivered by >95% for output short circuit and control loop faults (open and shorted components)
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown – automatic recovery reduces power supply returns from the field
- Meets HV creepage requirements between Drain and all other pins both on the PCB and at the package
EcoSmart® – Energy Efficient
- Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations
- No-load consumption <200 mW at 230 VAC and down to below 30 mW with optional external bias
- On/Off control provides constant efficiency down to very light loads – ideal for CEC and ENERGY STAR 2.0 regulations
- No current sense resistors – maximizes efficiency
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant package
- Chargers for cell/cordless phones, PDAs, MP3/portable audio devices, adapters
- LED drivers, etc.
|Output Power (Watts)|
- Packages: D: SO-8C, G: SMD-8C, P: DIP-8C.
- Minimum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed adapter measured at +50 °C ambient, device, TJ <100 °C.
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heatsinking, measured at 50 °C ambient.