PI's VP of Marketing, Doug Bailey, discusses development of InnoSwitch technology. Read the article and watch the video now!
The InnoSwitch™-EP family of ICs dramatically simplify the development and manufacturing of low-voltage, high current power supplies, particularly those in compact enclosures or with high efficiency requirements. The InnoSwitch-EP architecture is revolutionary in that the devices incorporate both primary and secondary controllers, with sense elements and a safety-rated feedback mechanism into a single IC.
Close component proximity and innovative use of the integrated communication link permit accurate control of a secondary-side synchronous rectification MOSFET and optimization of primary-side switching to maintain high efficiency across the entire load range. Additionally, the minimal DC bias requirements of the link, enable the system to achieve less than 10 mW no-load to maximize efficiency in standby.
Highly Integrated, Compact Footprint
- Incorporates flyback controller, 725 V / 900 V MOSFET, secondary-side sensing and synchronous rectification driver
- FluxLink™ integrated, HIPOT-isolated, feedback link
- Exceptional CV accuracy, independent of transformer design or external components
- Excellent multi-output cross regulation with weighted SSR feedback and synch FETs
EcoSmart™– Energy Efficient
- <10 mW no-load at 230 VAC when supplied by transformer bias winding
- Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations
Advanced Protection / Safety Features
- Primary sensed output OVP
- Secondary sensed output overshoot clamp
- Secondary sensed output OCP to zero output voltage
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown
- Input voltage monitor with accurate brown-in/brown-out and overvoltage protection
Full Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- 100% production HIPOT compliance testing equivalent to 6 kV DC/1 sec
- Reinforced insulation
- Isolation voltage >3,500 VAC for INN26xx series, >4,000 VAC for INN2904
- UL1577 and TUV (EN60950, EN62368) safety approved
- EN61000-4-8 (100 A/m) and EN61000-4-9 (1000 A/m) compliant
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant
- Appliance, industrial, and smart lighting
Learn more about InnoSwitch for high voltage applications.
(An audio-only version of this presentation is also available for download here.)
|Output Power Table|
|PRODUCT3||Peak or Open Frame1,2|
|725 V MOSFET|
|230 VAC ±15%||85-265 VAC|
|INN2603K||24 W||15 W|
|INN2604K||27 W||20 W|
|INN2605K||35 W||25 W|
|PRODUCT3||900 V MOSFET|
|230 VAC ±15%||85-484 VAC|
|INN2904K||29 W||20 W|
- Minimum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed typical size adapter measured at 40 °C ambient. Max output power is dependent on the design. With condition that package temperature must be < = 125 °C.
- Minimum peak power capability.
- Package: K: eSOP-R16B.