Product Discontinuation Information
Production of HiperTFS™ will end after June 10, 2020. Please contact your local PI sales office for smales to help migration to the replacement products.
Suggested Alternative Parts:
|Part Number||Alternative Part||Part Number||Alternative Part|
The HiperTFS device family members incorporate both a high-power two-switch-forward converter and a mid-power flyback (standby) converter into a single, low-profile eSIP™ power package. The single chip solution provides the controllers for the two-switch-forward and flyback converters, high- and low-side drivers, all three of the high-voltage power MOSFETs, and eliminates the converter's need for costly external pulse transformers. The device is ideal for high power applications that require both a main power converter (two-switch forward) up to 414 W, and standby converter (flyback) up to 20 W. HiperTFS includes Power Integrations' standard set of comprehensive protection features, such as integrated soft-start, fault and over-load protection, and hysteretic thermal shutdown. HiperTFS utilizes advanced power packaging technology that simplifies the complexity of two-switch forward layout, mounting and thermal management, while providing very high power capabilities in a single compact package. The devices operate over a wide input voltage range, and can be used following a power-factor correction stage such as HiperPFS.
- Single chip solution for two-switch forward main and flyback standby
- High integration allows smaller form factor and higher power density designs
- Incorporates control, gate drive, and three HV power MOSFETs
- Level shift technology eliminates need for pulse transformer
- Protection features include: UV, OV, OTP, OCP, & SCP
- Transformer reset control
- Prevents transformer saturation under all conditions
- Allows >50% duty cycle operation
- Reduces primary side RMS currents & conduction losses
- Standby supply provides built-in overload power compensation
- Up to 434 W total output power in a highly compact package
- Up to 550 W peak
- High efficiency solution easily enables design to meet stringent efficiency specifications.
- >90% efficiency at full load
- No-load regulation and low losses at light-load
- Simple clip mounting to heat sink without need for insulation pad
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant
- LCD TV
- Video game consoles
- High power adaptors
- Industrial & appliance
|Output Power Table1|
100 V - 400 V
|TFS757HG||193 W||163 W||228 W||20 W|
|TFS758HG||236 W||200 W||278 W||20 W|
|TFS759HG||280 W||235 W||309 W||20 W|
|TFS760HG||305 W||258 W||358 W||20 W|
|TFS761HG||326 W||276 W||383 W||20 W|
|TFS762HG||360 W||304 W||407 W||20 W|
|TFS763HG||388 W||327 W||455 W||20 W|
|TFS764HG||414 W||344 W||530 W||20 W|
Table 1. Output Power Table.
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heat sinking (assuming heat sink ΘC-A of <4 °C/W), measured at specified ambient temperature (see Key Applications Considerations for more information).
- Package: H: eSIP16/12. (Note: Direct attach to heat sink, does not require insulation SIL pad)