LinkZero-LP, an upgrade to PI's popular LinkSwitch-LP, incorporates new technology which enables the device to automatically enter into and wake up from no-load mode while disipating less than 5 mW - substantially less than the IEC definition of zero no-load power consumption. The tightly specified FEEDBACK pin voltage reference enables universal input primary side regulated power supplies with accurate constant voltage from 5% to full load. Start-up and operating power are derived directly from the DRAIN pin which eliminates start-up circuitry. The internal oscillator frequency is jittered to significantly reduce both quasi-peak and average EMI, minimizing filter cost.
Lowest System Cost with Zero No-Load
- Automatically enters zero input power mode when load is disconnected
- Simple upgrade to existing LinkSwitch-LP designs
- Very tight IC parameter tolerances improve system manufacturing yield
- Suitable for low-cost clampless designs
- Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter cost
- Extended package creepage improves system field reliability
Advanced Protection/Safety Features
- Accurate hysteretic thermal shutdown protection – automatic recovery reduces field returns
- Universal input range allows worldwide operation
- Auto-restart reduces delivered power by >85% during short-circuit and open loop fault conditions
- Simple ON/OFF control, no loop compensation needed
- High bandwidth provides excellent transient load response with no overshoot
EcoSmart™ – Energy Efficient
- No-load consumption as low as 4 mW at 230 VAC input*
- Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations with no added components
- ON/OFF control provides constant efficiency to very light loads
- Chargers for cell/cordless phones, PDAs, power tools, MP3/portable audio devices, shavers, etc.
* IEC 62301 Clause 4.5 rounds standby power use below 5 mW to zero.
|Output Power (Watts)|
|PRODUCT1||230 VAC ±15%||85-265 VAC|
|Adapter2||Open Frame3||Adapter2||Open Frame3|
|LNK574DG||3 W||3 W||3 W||3 W|
|LNK576DG||6 W||9 W||5 W||8 W|
- Packages: D: SO-8C
- Typical continuous power in a non-ventilated enclosed adapter measured at +50 °C ambient.
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heatsinking, measured at 50 °C ambient.