Energy Efficient, Low Power Off-Line Switcher IC With Integrated System Level Protection
LinkSwitch™-XT2 incorporates a 725 V / 900 V power MOSFET, oscillator, simple ON/OFF control scheme, a high-voltage switched current source, frequency jittering, cycle-by-cycle current limit and thermal shutdown circuitry onto a monolithic IC. The start-up and operating power are derived directly from the DRAIN pin, eliminating the need for a bias winding and associated circuitry.
Easy to Design
- Lowest component count switcher solution
- Selectable device current limit
- Fully integrated auto-restart for short-circuit and open-loop protection
- Optional self-biased supply
- Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI
- Meets HV creepage requirements between DRAIN and all other pins both on the PCB and at the package
- Pin-out simplifies PCB heat sinking
Features Superior to Linear/RCC
- Output overvoltage protection (OVP)
- Input overvoltage line protection (OVL)
- Hysteretic over-temperature protection (OTP)
- Extended creepage between DRAIN pin and all other pins improves field reliability
- 725 V MOSFET rating for excellent surge withstand
- 900 V MOSFET rating series for industrial design or extra safety margin
- Extremely low component count enhances reliability
- Allows single-sided PCB and full SMD manufacturability
EcoSmart™– Extremely Energy Efficient
- Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations
- No-load consumption <100 mW without bias winding at 265 VAC input (<10 mW with bias winding)
- ON/OFF control provides constant efficiency to very light loads –ideal for mandatory CEC regulations
|Output Power Table4||Peak or Open Frame1,2|
|PRODUCT3||725 V MOSFET|
|230 VAC ±15%||85-265 VAC|
|LNK3604P/G/D||9.2 W||6.1 W|
|PRODUCT3||900 V MOSFET|
|230 VAC ±15%||85-484 VAC|
|LNK3694P/G||6 W||4 W|
|LNK3696P/G||11 W||8 W|
- Maximum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed adapter measured at 50 °C ambient.
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heat sinking, measured at 50 °C ambient.
- Packages: P: DIP-8C, G: SMD-8C, D: SO-8C. Please see Part Ordering Information.
- See Key Application Considerations section for complete description of assumptions.