LinkSwitch-LP ECAD Models
LinkSwitch™-LP switcher ICs cost effectively replace all unregulated isolated linear transformer based (50/60 Hz) power supplies up to 3 W output power. For worldwide operation, a single universal input design replaces multiple linear transformer based designs. The self-biased circuit achieves an extremely low no-load consumption of under 150 mW. The internal oscillator frequency is jittered to significantly reduce both quasi- peak and average EMI, minimizing filter cost.
Lowest System Cost and Advanced Safety Features Provide Superior Performance over Linear and RCC
- Lowest component count switcher
- Very tight parameter tolerances using proprietary IC trimming technology and transformer construction techniques enable Clampless™ designs – decreases component count/system cost and increases efficiency
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown protection – eliminates the thermal fuse used with linear transformers or additional components in RCC designs
- Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI – enables low cost input filter configuration
- Proprietary E-Shield™ transformer eliminates Y capacitor
- Universal input range allows worldwide operation
- Auto-restart reduces delivered power by >85% during short circuit and open loop fault conditions
- Simple ON/OFF control, no loop compensation needed
- High bandwidth provides fast turn on with no overshoot and excellent transient load response
|Output Power (Watts)1|
|PRODUCT2||230 VAC ±15%||85-265 VAC|
- Output power may be limited by specific application parameters including core size and Clampless operation (see the Key Application Considerations section of the LinkSwitch-LP Family Data Sheet for details).
- Packages: D: SO-8C, P: DIP-8B, G: SMD-8B. See the Part Ordering Information section of the LinkSwitch-LP Family Data Sheet for details.
- Minimum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed adapter measured at 50 °C ambient.
- Minimum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heat sinking, measured at 50 °C ambient.