The LinkSwitch-CV dramatically simplifies CV power supply design with tight CV requirements and by eliminating an optocoupler and secondary control circuitry. The device introduces a revolutionary control technique to provide very tight output voltage regulation, along with input voltage variations and temperature.
The device incorporates a 725 V power MOSFET, a novel On/Off control state machine, a high voltage switched current source for self biasing, frequency jittering, cycle-by-cycle current limit and hysteretic thermal shutdown circuitry onto a monolithic IC.
Dramatically Simplifies CV Converters
- Eliminates optocoupler and all secondary CV control circuitry
- Eliminates bias winding supply – IC is self biasing
Advanced Performance Features
- Compensates for external component temperature variations
- Very tight IC parameter tolerances using proprietary trimming technology
- Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter cost
- Even tighter output tolerances achievable with external resistor selection/trimming
Advanced Protection/Safety Features
- Auto-restart protection reduces delivered power by <95% for output short circuit and all control loop faults (open and shorted components)
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown – automatic recovery reduces power supply returns from the field
- Meets HV creepage requirements between Drain and all other pins, both on the PCB and at the package
- 725 V power MOSFET
- Standby and auxiliary supplies
- Home appliances, white goods and consumer electronics
- Industrial controls
|Output Power (Watts)|
230 VAC ±15
|Adapter1||Open Frame2||Adapter1||Open Frame2|
- Minimum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed adapter measured at +50 °C ambient .
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heatsinking, measured at 50 °C ambient.
- Packages: D: SO-8C, P: DIP-8C.