The InnoSwitch™3-Pro series family of ICs dramatically simplifies the development and manufacturing of fully programmable, highly efficient power supplies, particularly those in compact enclosures. The universal I2C interface enables dynamic control of output voltage and current along with many configurable features. Telemetry provides reporting of programmed features and fault modes.
InnoSwitch3-Pro devices are ideal for AC/DC power supply applications up to 65 W where fine (10 mV, 50 mA) output voltage and current adjustment are necessary. Typical implementations comprise a system microprocessor or dedicated microcontroller with an I2C port that is used to configure, control and supervise operation of the power sub-system. The uVCC pin provides bias to the microprocessor in standalone implementations such as USB PD adapters and chargers.
Digitally Controlled via I2C Interface
- Dynamic adjustment of power supply voltage and current
- Telemetry status read-back with processor interrupt
- Comprehensive set of configurable features
Highly Integrated, Compact Footprint
- Multi-mode Quasi-Resonant (QR) / CCM flyback controller, 650 V or 725 V MOSFET, secondary-side sensing and synchronous rectifier driver
- Optimized efficiency across line and load range
- Integrated FluxLink™, HIPOT-isolated, feedback link
- Instantaneous transient response
- Drives low-cost N-channel MOSFET series load switch
- Integrated 3.6 V supply for external MCU
- 4.75 Ω ultra-fast SR pull-down resistance (Avaliable with H302 parts)
EcoSmart™ – Energy Efficient
- Less than 30 mW no-load including line sense and MCU
- Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations
- Low heat dissipation
Advanced Protection / Safety Features
- Input voltage monitor with accurate brown-in/brown-out and overvoltage protection
- Output OV/UV fault detection with independently configured responses
- Secondary FET / diode short protection
- Open SR FET gate detection
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown
- Programmable watchdog timer functionality for system faults
- Telemetry for power supply status and fault monitoring
- IS pin short/output short-circuit fault detection (Available with H302 parts)
Full Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Reinforced insulation
- Isolation voltage >4000 VAC
- 100% production HIPOT compliance testing
- UL1577 and TUV (EN60950) safety approved
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant
- High efficiency USB PD 3.0 + PPS/QCA adapters
- Multiprotocol adapters including QuickCharge, AFC, FCP, SCP
- Direct-charge mobile device chargers
- Multi-chemistry tool and general purpose battery chargers
- Adjustable CV and CC LED ballast designs up to 65 W
|Output Power Table1|
230 VAC ± 15%
- Max output power is dependent on the design, with maximum IC package temperature kept <125 °C.
- Minimum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed typical size adapter measured at 40 °C ambient.
- Minimum peak power capability.
- C Package: InSOP-24D
- INNxx6xC - 650 V MOSFET, INNxx7xC - 725 V MOSFET
InnoSwitch3 Feature Codes
InnoSwitch3 ICs are highly configurable, and require a "Feature Code" to specify all of the configurable characteristics, such as the IS Pin Short/Output Short-Circuit Fault Detection, SR Pull-Down Resistance, and others. Feature Codes consist of the letter "H" followed by three numbers and are added to the end of the base part number. A Feature Code is required when ordering parts (e.g., INN3365C-H302).
The tables below provide a list of the characteristics of the Feature Codes, and the parts available with that Feature Code. Please use these to determine which InnoSwitch3-Pro part is the best fit for your application.
|IS Pin Short/Output Short-Circuit Fault Detection||SR Pull-Down Resistance|
|H302*||Enabed||4.75 Ω (Fast)|
|H301||Disabled||12.7 Ω (Slow)|
*Recommended for new designs.