InnoSwitch3-EP ECAD Models
The InnoSwitch™3-EP family of ICs dramatically simplifies the design and manufacture of flyback power converters, particularly those requiring high efficiency and/or compact size. The InnoSwitch3-EP family incorporates primary and secondary controllers and safety-rated feedback into a single IC.
InnoSwitch3-EP family devices incorporate multiple protection features including line over and under-voltage protection, output over-voltage and over-current limiting, and over-temperature shutdown. Devices are available that support the common combinations of latching and auto-restart behaviors required by applications such as appliance, server standby, industrial, utility meter, smart grid, solar inverters and smart lighting.
Highly Integrated, Compact Footprint
- Up to 94% efficiency across full load range
- Incorporates a multi-mode Quasi-Resonant (QR) / CCM flyback controller, 725 V MOSFET, secondary-side sensing and synchronous rectification driver
- Integrated FluxLink™, HIPOT-isolated, feedback link
- Exceptional CV accuracy, independent of external components
- Adjustable accurate output current sense using external output sense
- Excellent multi-output cross regulation with weighted SSR feedback and synch FETs
EcoSmart™ – Energy Efficient
- Less than 15 mW no-load including line sense
- Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations
- Low heat dissipation
Advanced Protection / Safety Features
- Secondary MOSFET or diode short-circuit protection
- Open SR FET-gate detection
- Fast input line UV/OV protection
- Auto-restart or latching fault response for output OVP
Full Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Reinforced isolation
- Isolation voltage >4000 VAC
- 100% production HIPOT testing
- UL1577 and TUV (EN60950) safety approved
- Excellent noise immunity enables designs that achieve class “A” performance criteria for EN61000-4 suite; EN61000-4-2, 4-3 (30 V/m), 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8 (100 A/m) and 4-9 (1000 A/m) and Ford FMC1278 (RI-115)
|Output Power Table|
|PRODUCT3||Peak or Open Frame1,2|
|230 VAC ±15%||85-265 VAC|
|INN3672C-H6XX||12 W||10 W|
|INN3673C-H6XX||15 W||12 W|
|INN3674C-H6XX||25 W||20 W|
|INN3675C-H6XX||30 W||25 W|
|INN3676C-H6XX||40 W||36 W|
|INN3677C-H6XX||45 W||40 W|
- Minimum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed typical size adapter measured at 40 °C ambient. Max output power is dependent on the design. With condition that package temperature must be < = 125 °C.
- Minimum peak power capability.
- Package:: inSOP-24D.
InnoSwitch-3 Feature Codes
InnoSwitch-3 ICs are highly configurable, and require a "Feature Code" to specify all of the configurable characteristics, such as the Auto Restart Threshold, Fault Response, and others. Feature Codes consist of the letter "H" followed by three numbers and are added to the end of the base part number. A Feature Code is required when ordering parts (e.g., INN3762C-H601).
The tables below provide a list of the characteristics of the Feature Codes, and the parts available with that Feature Code. Please use these to determine which InnoSwitch-3 part is the best fit for your application. Alternatively, you can use our Build Your Own InnoSwitch tool.
|CDC||AR Threshold||OTP Response||AR and OVL Response||Output Profile||Vout OVP||Secondary|
|H601||0 mV||90%||Hysteretic||AR||Fixed CC||120%||AR|
|H602||0 mV||OL||Hysteretic||AR||Fixed CC||120%||AR|
|Common Feature Code|
= indicates part available with that Feature Code