HiperTFS-2 ECAD Models
The HiperTFS-2 devices incorporate a high-power two-switch-forward converter and a mid-power flyback (standby) converter into a single, low-profile eSIP™ power package. The single chip solution provides the controllers for the two-switch-forward and flyback converters, high- and low-side drivers, all three of the high-voltage power MOSFETs, and eliminates the converter’s need for costly external pulse transformers. The device is ideal for high power applications that require both a main power converter (two-switch forward) up to 586 W peak, and a standby converter (flyback) up to 20 W. The devices operate over a wide input voltage range, and can be used following a power-factor correction stage such as HiperPFS.
New with HiperTFS-2
- Improved assembly flow – changed from 3 row package to 2 row package
- Up to 40% more peak power – easily meeting the next generation Intel CPU peak power requirement
- Self biased high-side driver – eliminating bias winding
- Main convertor now offers 66kHz/132kHz options
- Single chip solution for two-switch forward main and flyback standby
- High integration allows smaller form factor and higher power density designs, with reduced component count
- Incorporates control, gate drivers, and three power MOSFETs
- Level shift technology eliminates need for pulse transformer
- Protection features include: UV, OV, OTP, OVP, standby OPC, SCP, and ILIMIT
- Transformer reset control, prevents saturation under all conditions
- Main duty cycle operation above 50% for reduced rms currents and lower output diode voltage rating
- Less than 10% variation in standby overload power over input voltage range
- PC (80 PLUS Bronze and 80 PLUS Silver)
- LCD TV
- Video game consoles
- High power adaptors
- Industrial & appliance
|Output Power Table|
100 V - 400 V
|TFS7701H||148 W||187 W||20 W|
|TFS7702H||190 W||297 W||20 W|
|TFS7703H||229 W||375 W||20 W|
|TFS7704H||251 W||419 W||20 W|
|TFS7705H||269 W||466 W||20 W|
|TFS7706H||298 W||513 W||20 W|
|TFS7707H||322 W||553 W||20 W|
|TFS7708H||343 W||586 W||20 W|
Table 1. Output Power Table.
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heat sinking to maintain a heat sink temperature ≤95 ºC measured at specified ambient temperature.
- Peak load less than 10 seconds and average power less than maximum continuous load.
- Package: H: eSIP-16F. (Note: Direct attach to heat sink, does not require insulation SIL pad).