Solution Finder Get Tech Support

TNY285PG Design issue

Posted by: MANGUKIA on

Use PI Expert reference design for supply voltage from 230 V to 33.5 V and 3.3 V.
Reference design is below attach but when we power up circuit something happen and spark input side 10Ohm Fuse also observe when first time 33.5V but its continue decrease from 37V to 30.5V also receive 4.5V instead of 3.3V.
So can you guide me that design is Work file or what is issue.
Thanks Regard
AB Mangukiya

Files

Attachment Size
PI_Design.png 113.31 KB

Comments

Submitted by PI-Bombadil on 10/05/2017

Hello Mangukia,

Thank you very much for considering Power Integrations in your project.

I'd be happy to help you with this, but first I'd like to ask for more information so I can have a clearer picture of what has happened.

1) You may have used some PCB/schematic editor software to create your own schematic and the actual PCB. May I see this schematic?

2) Please provide the actual values like capacitances, resistances, part numbers, etc. Were all the parts used in the circuit taken from the BOM suggested by PI Expert or did you change some parts?

3) The PI expert tool also suggested a certain transformer construction. Did you follow this or did you create your own? May I also see the transformer construction diagram of the actual transformer you used in the circuit?

4) Just for verification, in your test, you used 230Volts AC? Did you use an AC power source equipment, a variac, or directly plugged into the AC power socket?

5) During the test, what were the load on the 33.5V output and the 3.3V output?

Thank you very much!