Solution Finder Get Tech Support

off-line pwm controllers with integrated power mosfet

Posted by: spforster13 on

I'm wondering if you could help me find a product that could replace our current off-line pwm controller with integrated power mosfet that we are using. Our current part is a STR4A162D by Sanken in a DIP8 package. I have noticed that Power Integration do a variety of off-line pwm controller with integrated power mosfet such as the TinySwitch-LT and LinkSwitch-XT2. Would someone be able recommended which product by Power Integration would best match our current Sanken part?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Files

Comments

Submitted by PI-Kobe on 01/22/2021

Hi,

You may want to check out our LinkSwitch-XT2 family of products to match your existing solution with Sanken's STR4A162D. LinkSwitch-XT2, which is used for flyback applications, has both a 725V version (PDIP-8C, SMD-8C, and SO-8C packages) and a 900V version. (PDIP-8C and SMD-8C packages) LinkSwitch-XT2 has a switching frequency of 132kHz (725V version) and 66kHz (900V version) with an option to use a standard or reduced current limit depending on the chosen BP capacitor. It is capable of handling up to 8W output power for universal, open-frame applications, has integrated frequency jitter for EMI, and has an Rds,on as low as 5.3ohms (typical, LNK3696). Aside from these, it also is capable of output OVP, input line overvoltage protection (OVL), OTP and can meet designs with <10mW no-load input power with an external bias winding.

For more information about LinkSwitch-XT2, you may refer to this page: https://ac-dc.power.com/products/linkswitch-family/linkswitch-xt2/

Regards,