Solution Finder Get Tech Support

SC1117DG

Posted by: jnorder on

I would like to find out if there are any reference designs available for SC1117DG. Can this part be used to generate 12V at approximately 1A?

Comments

Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 03/11/2019

Hi jnorder,
Where did you get this part number? I'm not familiar with this. It could be that the supplier customized the part number. You may ask the distributor what Power Integrations family does that belongs to then I could specifically answer your question.
https://ac-dc.power.com/products/
Regards,
Jedidiah

Submitted by jchd on 06/17/2020

Hi PI folks,

I find it extremely surprising that PI doesn't have heard of this chip.

I have one SC117DG (dead) chip in my hands and it really seems to match the SC1117DG datasheet from ... Power Integration, available everywhere on the net. It carries a history: version A dated 04/10, ver. B dated 11/13 and ver. C dated 04/15.

So either there is a bootleg Power Integration company somewhere, impersonating Power Integration, either Power Integration has memory problems.

Disappointing.

Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 06/18/2020

Hi jchd,
I apologize for that. I only checked the datasheets in our website but did not check it's availability in other distributor website.I was now able to review SC1117DG datasheet.
I checked if there are reference design for SC1117DG 12V/1A, but cound't find one.
Regards,
Jedidiah

Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 06/18/2020

Hi jchd,
SC1117DG is dedicated to buck. It deliver around 200 mA. In flyback probably will deliver 7-8W. We suggest for 12 V 1 A our RDK-839 with TNY-4, TNY288DG.
Regards,
Jedidiah