Solution Finder Get Tech Support

Ref design with EQ27 cores?

Posted by: Barfly on

Looking at DER-537 (also DER-666), using transformer with EQ27 core. Why are you creating reference designs with oddball transformers? Your referenced supplier "Shen Zhen Xin Yu Tech" does not make cores or bobbins. None of the typical suppliers produce these such as TDK, Acme, etc. i can't even find specifications/dimensions for EQ27 or the bobbin and you don't list ferrite material. Only EQ25 and EQ30 seem standard.

I would like to use DER-537 design, but if I need to design new transformer then I start from beginning.

Please advise!

Comments

Submitted by Jakub Kalus Feryster on 04/12/2018

Hello,
is this EQ2506 core the equivalent of Ferroxcube's PQ25/LP core?
Can you provide any documentation for this core?

Submitted by wanyewu on 04/12/2018

Looking at DER-537 (also DER-666), using transformer with EQ27 core。build Transformer by oneself ,PCB layout by oneself , Based on DER-537 Bill of Materials . When the power is open, the chip is cracked。

Attachment Size
WIN_20180413_09_01_34_Pro.jpg 82.8 KB
Submitted by wanyewu on 04/12/2018

After detection INN3166C found 16 PIN and 14 PIN short circuits

Submitted by Barfly on 04/13/2018

PI-Phlox:

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry but it is not helpful. Please google "EQ2506" and tell me what this is. PI has created a reference design. Are the transformer details a secret? If I design a new transformer,I must do empirical work and redesign clamp, test all operating parameters, etc. if you provide *actual* information about core used, I can simply replicate your tested design. Please advise actual manufacturer, core shape, material, as well as bobbin supplier and model. This is provided with other reference designs.

Thank you for your assistance.

Submitted by wanyewu on 04/15/2018

Making transformer based on the DER537 design example of PI

Submitted by PI-Phlox on 04/17/2018

Hi Barfly,

I'm attaching the datasheet for the transformer and bobbin that was used on the design.
Hope this helps.

Attachment Size
ShenZhenXinYu_EQ-2506_Bobbin_and_Core.pdf 188.65 KB
Submitted by wanyewu on 04/19/2018

What is the maximum voltage at the two ends of the INN3166C MOS Vds, when AC 220V inputs? How to reduce this voltage?

Submitted by Barfly on 04/19/2018

Hi Phlox!

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I need. Appreciate the help.

Submitted by wanyewu on 04/21/2018

If auto start fails, do I need to adjust the parameters of those devices?

Submitted by wanyewu on 05/01/2018

Hi Phlox!
According to the DER-537 design, can you provide an application note file?

Submitted by PI-Sarek on 05/02/2018

Hello,

Kindly refer to the applications section of the datasheet. You should find detailed information and guidelines in this section. We do not have any additional application note at this time

Many of our DERs are designs created to show how our parts can be used in real applications. Use of custom cores and bobbins is becoming common. As far as possible we try to avoid using custom bobbins and cores for our DERs however sometimes using custom bobbins and cores allows us to show how superior performance can be achieved with our parts.

If you are unable to source a certain core and bobbin, you should redesign for your specific requirement and preference. We provide a tool called PIExpert which is free for use and PIExpert/PIXLs files are a part of our reports to show how the tool can be used to create a design.

Our devices have a number of protection features designed to protect the IC for a large number of possible fault conditions that result from defects in the other components in the circuit or incorrect orientation of windings on the transformer. As such auto-restart can be triggered by various different fault conditions. I would recommend that you review our datasheet to see which conditions can trigger autorestart and verfy your design and its operation carefully to see which fault protection is getting triggered.

Regards

Submitted by wanyewu on 05/02/2018

There is no EQ type core and bobbin in the PIExpert software

Submitted by PI-Sarek on 05/03/2018

Hello,

PIExpert as well as PIXLs allow you to add cores. You may add custom cores or any standard cores that may not be provided in the list of cores offered.

We periodically add new cores to the database and we are adding some EQ type cores in our next update of PIExpert.

Thanks and Regards,
PI-Sarek

Submitted by wanyewu on 05/04/2018

Adjust the RCD circuit so that the voltage of MOSFET VDS is 400V, VDS MAX voltage is 462V , UNDER/OVER INPUT VOLTAGE (V) Pin (Pin 13) connected to 4M resistance or 3.5M resistance, But PRIMARY BYPASS (BPP) Pin (Pin 14)output is 5.38V.

Submitted by satya123_999 on 05/22/2018

Hi

The ShenZhenXinYu_EQ-2506 datasheet doesn't have Bobbin window area (BW), Can you please provide the information.

How to calculate Bobbin window area..?

Thanks

Submitted by PI-Sarek on 05/25/2018

The window area is the area of the transformer bobbin on which you put the winding. For an EE or EDT or EQ core, If you take a transformer bobbin and put the cores on it, you will see two rectangular open areas or "windows". Area of any of these open areas or windows is called the window area. You can calculate this by actual measurement or even from the bobbin catalog.

Submitted by Neil Sorber on 07/16/2018

I'm glad to read this information.
Facebook

Submitted by Neil Sorber on 01/31/2020

Thanks for sharing this article. google