Solution Finder Get Tech Support

3 Phase Power Factor Correction

Posted by: Anand1 on

How does one design 3 phase power factor correction?

Comments

Submitted by Anand1 on 06/13/2017

bump

bump

bump

Submitted by PI-Mallora on 06/15/2017

Hi Anand1,

What controller are you planning to use? 

It is actually only differs with rectification, but from bulk input it is no different from single phase design.  Thanks.

Submitted by Anand1 on 06/21/2017

The power is approximately 12 watts per phase for a total of 36 watts. The load would be balanced. Can I use 6 diodes to rectify and then use one pf correction circuit or should I use three power phase correction circuits. I dont have a neutral in this circuit.

Submitted by Anand1 on 06/21/2017

I dont have a controller picked but I am open to recommendation. Thanks!

Submitted by PI-Mallora on 06/26/2017

Hi Anand1,

Yes you just need 3 phase input rectifier for the input then you just need one PF controller after the rectified AC.  What is your power factor requirement?  I guess you need isolation?  Can you give me your specifications (Input Voltage range, PF requirement, CV/CC?, application?, etc) so that I can suggest you controller for your application.  

Sorry for late reply, we just had log-in problem.  Thanks.

Submitted by Anand1 on 06/30/2017

The input is 3 phase 115 VAC@400 Hz Y. The rectified output goes to another circuit which has isolation on it. The power draw would be no more than 50 watts. PF has to be close to 1.0. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks!

Submitted by PI-LeoDavinci on 07/06/2017

Hi Anand1,

What is your exact application for such design? We would like to know so that we can recommend proper Power Integrations product as per specification and application. Thank you very much.