Solution Finder Get Tech Support

Isolated LED Driver.

Posted by: alpeshpatel283 on

Hello Sir,

I am working in AD DC LED driver design and we need to make RGB LED driver in our product application.

Product requirement-1 : 7VDC@1.5A current (RGB Product)

Product requirement-2 : 5VDC@ 2.5A current

Product requirement-2 : 5VDC@ 0.5A current

I have following question

1. Which Type Driver IC support RGB dinning using mosfet  at output side (secondary side)
  2. Which driver ICs best for AC DC power supply and LED driver
  3. What is diffence between CC,CV/CC and CV driver ICs and how to control it?

Please suggest suitable AC DC isolated Power supply IC and LED driver with support mosfet dimming at secondry side DC output.

Thanks,

Regards,

Alpesh

Comments

Submitted by PI-Crumb on 10/05/2016

hi Alpesh,

1. Which Type Driver IC support RGB dinning using mosfet  at output side (secondary side) - most of our LED drivers are primary-side control and has no support for RGB dimming.
  2. Which driver ICs best for AC DC power supply and LED driver - Depends on the requirements - PF vs non PF? Input range (lowline/universal/highline?), etc. Please go to our LED page for more details - https://led-driver.power.com/design-support/product-documents/product-selector-guides/
  3. What is diffence between CC,CV/CC and CV driver ICs and how to control it? As the name implies, CC is only for constant-current operation, CV is for constant voltage operation. A typical A19 LED bulb is usually CC only. LED strips (12V/24V) are CV, whereas an LED ballast is CV/CC.
Submitted by alpeshpatel283 on 10/05/2016

In reply to by PI-Crumb

Hi Crumb,

Thanks for your support.

1 For RGB Dimming we are planing to use AC DC power supply (Isolated) and DC output are connect with 3 mosfter for RGB LED. PWM signal apply to MSOFET gate to avaraging current for RGB dimming.

So we need your help for AC DC power supply selection and We dont know which power supply we use for this mathode ( like CC, CV or CC/CV)

2 We need on board AC DC power supply (Isolated with universal AC input) and that on board power supply for all our system like ICs,sensor,controller etc.

3. We dont more idea about internal working function CC,CV and CV/CC so We have confusion on selection of power supply. for example we use CC driver and its provide constat current and voltage as per manage as per forward drop.but this DC out put apply to 3 mosfet of RGB LED and PWM signals use to convert average curren. so this average current current can effect stability of CC driver or not. see below link for

http://www.bajdi.com/dimming-power-leds-with-arduino/

Please help me for above selection.

Thanks,

Regards,

Alpesh

Submitted by PI-Crumb on 10/21/2016

hi Alpesh,

I apologize for the delay on my reply.

RGB requires three separate PWM control and I suggest you use a CV controller and put a current limiting resistor on each LED.

YOu can't use a CC only controller because you are switching ON and OFF the LED. For CC controller, if the load is open, the output will go up and might trigger OVP if it has one.

Please check LinkSwitch-CV or LYSwitch-2 if you need an isolated controller.

Submitted by AMBIKA on 04/16/2017

Hello Sir,

I am designing my first LED DRiver.

My specifications are:

1. 40V/420mA DC output

2.6kv Surge Protection

3.PF>0.9

4.THD<10%

5.Isolated

Please suggest me which IC should I use and Transformer.

Thanks 

Submitted by PI-Crumb on 04/19/2017

hi,

You may use LYTSwitch-5 and EE16 or EE19 transformer.

To help you with your design, please use PIExpert Online

https://piexpertonline.power.com/site/index

The only question is the 6kV requirement. Since our solution has PF, the input is very small and we rely on MOV to clamp the voltage during surge. With 6kV surge, you need additional circuitry.