Solution Finder Get Tech Support

TOP271EG DRAIN TO SOURCE SWITCHING PROBLEM

Posted by: pavan.kumar on

Hai This is pavan .i am designing 60v/3amps power supply .with the reference circuit from PI. i got reference voltage to control pin which is 5.8v. but not getting drain to source switching waveform .and not getting any output .pls help me i have attached the circuit diagram .am waiting for your replay.

Files

Attachment Size
p1.jpg 38.72 KB

Comments

Submitted by pavan.kumar on 11/30/2017

i have attached the schematic and document

Attachment Size
TOPSwitch-JX_PIDesign8.pdf 2.23 MB
Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 12/05/2017

Hi Pavan,
I would like to know more details of your testing. Are you trying to power this up without output load first (No Load condition)? Can you show me also how you constructed your transformer? Transformer details would be ok.
Regards,
Jedidiah

Submitted by pavan.kumar on 12/08/2017

I connected the input supply through resistor (33ohms 10watt) in phase for protecting the circuit .when i switch on the supply the input current is going 3.5 amps .and resistor got very hot (burn). i thing some where is short in primary side .but i am not clear what is the problem and how to find the exact problem . please tell me what is the problem . i will attach the transformer construction details .

Note: I did'not connect the zener diode (Vr1 160v) . because Vr1 is not available.

input voltage =110vac
output voltage=38vdc
input current =3.5amps This voltages am getting .pls find the attached document for circuit diagram and transformer details

Attachment Size
TOPSwitch-HX_PIDesign1 (1).pdf 2.12 MB
Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 12/14/2017

Hi Pavan,
Yes, there's a problem in the primary side. If you check the resistance between the Line/Live and Neutral and it has very low value, you need to check what component is shorted. Check all the connection or resistance value. C1 should have Megaohms value. Check L1 connection. Check that's there no shorted diode on the bridge (BR1). C2 should have Megaohms value. Drain to Source should have Megaohms value.
Regards,
Jedidiah

Submitted by pavchinna on 01/03/2018

I am designing 60v/3amps with the reference of der580 document . i have some doubts in der580 mentioned.
1) min input voltage is 180vac
but i want to start at min voltage 85-265vac
2) max output current is 2amps
but i need 3amps output current.
3)In der580 they were used TOPSwitchTM-JX TOP267EG. Can i use Topswitch -HX Top262EN

Submitted by pavchinna on 01/03/2018

and pls explain me cv.cc circuit in der580 document am not understand working pls explain .Please replay me as soon as possible

Submitted by pavan.kumar on 01/05/2018

I sent number of quarries on top switch but i did not getting any replay from power integration technical support

Submitted by pavan.kumar on 01/05/2018

Please tell me what should i do?

Submitted by Easy Peasy on 01/07/2018

Hello Pavan, perhaps if you shared your actual circuit so far and some photographs, this may help, especially if you put actual components used in your circuit. It sounds as though you will have to check most of your parts for shorts etc before you begin again...