PI Expert Suite
PI Expert Suite
design of off-line power supplies and
DC-DC converters based on PI products.
- PI Expert now supports two new optimization methodologies for the InnoSwitch-3 Family that significantly increases the number of parameters used in the optimization process. The optimization methodology is user selectable.
- Improvements in performance and stability
- Support for InnoSwitch3-CP and InnoSwitch3-Pro with up to 9 output voltage set-points and improved quick-check feature for USB-PD applications
- Support for LinkSwitch-TN2 in Buck Boost topology
- Support for LinkSwitch-CV in Tapped Buck topology
- Support for TinySwitch-LT in Flyback topology
- Improvements in PI Xls spreadsheets:
- InnoSwitch-3 CE/CP/EP (Flyback topology)
- InnoSwitch-EP 900V (Flyback topology)
- Minor updates to LinkSwitch-TN2 (Buck topology)
- Minor updates to LinkSwitch-HP (Flyback topology)
- Minor updates to TinySwitch-4 (Flyback topology)
Learn more ... Watch the videos!
PI Expert Suite v10.1 consists of three components:
PI Expert: an automated, graphical user interface (GUI) driven program that takes power supply specifications and automatically generates a power conversion solution designed around one of Power Integrations' IC families. PI Expert gives you all of the necessary information to build and test a working prototype. This includes complete interactive schematic, bill of materials (BOM), board layout recommendations and detailed electrical parameter tabulations. PI Expert also provides a complete magnetic design that includes core size, number of turns, appropriate wire thicknesses and number of parallel wires to be used for each winding. Detailed winding instructions for mechanical assembly are also generated. The program reduces design time from days to minutes.
PI Xls Designer: PI Xls Designer is a spreadsheet based application that gives the power supply designer more control during the design process. Transformer construction support including detailed winding instructions for mechanical assembly is also generated. PI Xls Designer takes input, output and all other necessary design specifications and performs all the necessary calculations to design and evaluate a power conversion solution using Power Integration's ICs.
PI Viewer: a method for viewing design files created with older versions of PI Expert.
Design Software Support Overview
|PI Expert||PI Xls|
- Only supported in the Flyback topology
- Supported in both the Flyback and Forward topologies
- Supported in both the Flyback and Tapped-Buck topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Buck and Buck-Boost topologies
- Supported in LLC Resonant topology
- Supported in Boost topology
- Supported in Two Switch Forward topology
- Supported in Flyback and Buck topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Tapped-Buck, Buck and Buck-Boost topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Buck, Buck-Boost and Tapped-Buck Boost topologies
- Supported in both the Flyback, Buck and Tapped-Buck topologies
- Supported in Buck topology
- Supported in Flyback, Buck, Buck Boost and Tapped-Buck topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost and Tapped-Buck Boost topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost and Tapped-Buck topologies
- Supported in Buck and Buck-Boost topologies
Get PI Expert!
Download PI Expert Suite v10.1 (contains PI Expert, PI Xls and PI Viewer)
For users installing PI Expert Suite for the first time:
- Download and run the PI Expert Suite v10.1 installer to install all tools (PI Expert, PI Xls, and PI Viewer).
- Assuming that you left the "Yes, check for program updates" box that appears during the install checked, the installer will check for updates before it completes the installation. To take advantage of this feature, ensure you have the "Yes, check for program updates" box checked, have an Internet connection, and then click Finish. The InstallShield program will check for updates for each tool that you installed, and automatically download and update the software to support the latest products. Follow the prompts to update all of the tools to the latest version.
- If your machine is 64 bit compatible you can install the 64 bit version of the software which can speed up the optimization process by taking advantage of larger system memory. The 32 bit version will work on a 64 bit system but the 64 bit version will not work on a 32 bit system.