PI Expert Suite
PI Expert Suite
design of off-line power supplies and
DC-DC converters based on PI products.
New in PI Expert Suite
PI Expert Suite 10.3.5 improves design productivity with an enhanced schematics-manipulation tool and BOM output to enable you to quickly order the parts needed for prototyping. In addition, it includes a new Design Wizard to assist in selection of the right product for your design.
New Features in PI Expert v10.3.5
- PI Expert now supports CAPZero-3
- Transformer construction now supports Litz Wires and features support for a secondary with parallel windings
- PI Device database update with additional part numbers (Feature codes) and current limit dependency
- Update to InnoSwitch-3 Bias Calculations
- DC-DC LYTSwitch-6 now supports Design Evaluation
- Updated High Output Voltage design rules for InnoSwitch3 designs
- Added possibility to have second (parallel) SR-FET on the output for InnoSwitch-3
New Features in PI XLs Designer v10.3.5
- PI Xls now supports:
- DC-DC InnoSwitch3-AQ Automotive (Flyback)
- DC-DC LinkSwitch-TN2 Automotive (Flyback, Buck and Buck-Boost topologies)
- Interactive Design Evaluation feature for InnoSwitch3-CE/EP/CP/Pro spreadsheets
- Updates to InnoSwitch3-EP/CP/Pro with Size 8 GaN devices
- Minor updates to TOPSwitch-JX Flyback spreadsheet
Learn more ... Watch the videos!
PI Expert Suite v10.3.5 consists of three components:
PI Expert: an automated, graphical user interface (GUI) driven program that takes power supply specifications and automatically generates a power conversion solution designed around one of Power Integrations' IC families. PI Expert gives you all of the necessary information to build and test a working prototype. This includes complete interactive schematic, bill of materials (BOM), board layout recommendations and detailed electrical parameter tabulations. PI Expert also provides a complete magnetic design that includes core size, number of turns, appropriate wire thicknesses and number of parallel wires to be used for each winding. Detailed winding instructions for mechanical assembly are also generated. The program reduces design time from days to minutes.
PI Xls Designer: PI Xls Designer is a spreadsheet based application that gives the power supply designer more control during the design process. Transformer construction support including detailed winding instructions for mechanical assembly is also generated. PI Xls Designer takes input, output and all other necessary design specifications and performs all the necessary calculations to design and evaluate a power conversion solution using Power Integration's ICs.
PI Viewer: a method for viewing design files created with older versions of PI Expert.
In addition, you can order transformer prototypes for PI Expert-generated designs through Power Integrations’ Rapid Transformer Sample Service (RTSS). A quick-start guide describing how to create a compatible design file is available at https://ac-dc.power.com/design-support/rapid-transformer-samples/.
Design Software Support Overview
|PI Expert||PI Xls|
- Only supported in the Flyback topology
- Supported in both the Flyback and Forward topologies
- Supported in both the Flyback and Tapped-Buck topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Buck and Buck-Boost topologies
- Supported in LLC Resonant topology
- Supported in Boost topology
- Supported in Two Switch Forward topology
- Supported in Flyback and Buck topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Tapped-Buck, Buck and Buck-Boost topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Buck, Buck-Boost and Tapped-Buck Boost topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Buck and Tapped-Buck topologies
- Supported in Buck topology
- Supported in Flyback, Buck, Buck Boost and Tapped-Buck topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost and Tapped-Buck Boost topologies
- Supported in Flyback, Buck, Boost, Buck-Boost and Tapped-Buck topologies
- Supported in Buck and Buck-Boost topologies
- Supported in Switched Valley-Fill PFC with Flyback topology
- Supported in Flyback and Switched Valley-Fill PFC with Flyback topologies
Get PI Expert!
Download PI Expert Suite v10.3.5 (contains PI Expert, PI Xls and PI Viewer)
For users installing PI Expert Suite for the first time:
- Download and run the PI Expert Suite v10.3.5 installer to install all tools (PI Expert, PI Xls, and PI Viewer).
- Assuming that you left the "Yes, check for program updates" box that appears during the install checked, the installer will check for updates before it completes the installation. To take advantage of this feature, ensure you have the "Yes, check for program updates" box checked, have an Internet connection, and then click Finish. The InstallShield program will check for updates for each tool that you installed, and automatically download and update the software to support the latest products. Follow the prompts to update all of the tools to the latest version.
- If your machine is 64 bit compatible you can install the 64 bit version of the software which can speed up the optimization process by taking advantage of larger system memory. The 32 bit version will work on a 64 bit system but the 64 bit version will not work on a 32 bit system.